There is a battle going on right now in Congress that will affect stockbroker fraud cases in the years to come. Here are some updates and stories from various news sources to get you up-to-speed quickly.
- Department of Labor Proposes Rule to Address Conflicts of Interest in Retirement Advice, Saving Middle-Class Families Billions of Dollars Every Year. Read more.
- Simfa Overview: The Department of Labor (DOL) has proposed a change to the definition of fiduciary under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) that would expand the scope of those who become fiduciaries. Read more.
- As DOL fiduciary clears latest hurdle, stockbrokers expect changes will be made. Read more.
- New York Times – Why Investors Are Right to Be Distrustful. Read more.
- What a fiduciary standard would do to stockbroker fraud. Read more.
Ultimately, if you believe you have been a victim of stockbroker frauds and need to talk to a securities fraud lawyer in Baltimore or Maryland, contact West & West immediately.